ICO The Acorn Collective
The Acorn Collective is using blockchain to help founders access funding. We provide crowdfunding that is accessible, transparent and more likely to succeed. The Acorn Collective wants to make crowdfunding free. We want to promote social enterprise globally by making crowdfunding free and more open.
- We’re building a blockchain-based crowdfunding platform that is free-to-use and allows almost any legal project from almost any country to be listed on our platform.
- We want to promote social enterprise and democratize access to funding, as crowdfunding has already done successfully in developed countries.
- However, this is much less the case in developing and emerging economies, which is something we wish to change.
- Our ecosystem will comprise of • a crowdfunding hub; • a secondary marketplace to sell post-crowdfunding goods & services; • a point-of-sale payments app; • the Acorn token (“OAK”), facilitating the use of all transactions in our ecosystem and connecting backers, founders and consumers through a single token.
- Traditional crowdfunding platforms are funded traditionally. Outside investors buy equity and expect a return from platform profits.
- We aim to use an ICO for funding, meaning returns for token holders are no longer from equity or profit-sharing, but simply from growth of the ecosystem and OAK. » Our proposed funding model and the use of blockchain for transactions means we can offer crowdfunding for free. In short – we’re changing the crowdfunding industry, by crowdfunding it.