StreamSpace incorporates cutting edge technologies like decentralized storage systems and blockchains, which make it the most progressive streaming marketplace in the world. Filmmakers set a price for their work and are paid immediately by consumers, disrupting the traditional industry model.
StreamSpace intends to launch an innovative platform and community that will link creative, independent filmmakers with audiences that seek out quality, edgier film experiences.
There are nine key components to the StreamSpace platform:
• Secure storage method of the video content, based in part on IPFS and Storj.
• Blockchain transaction ledger for enhanced transparency and security.
• Front-end decoder and embedded HTML5 player optimized for video streaming, initially on PCs, followed by the most popular consumer video consumption clients: Apple iPhone, Android smartphones, and SVOD portals connected to HDTVs (including Google Chromecast, Roku, Microsoft Xbox, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, etc.).
• Content recommendation engine that helps consumers discover new content that fits their tastes, based on viewing habits and reviews / ratings. Our goal is to lift the restrictions which currently inhibit discoverability by consumers.
• Secure digital wallet so consumers and filmmakers can manage their accounts and stored assets with confidence. A unique digital wallet format will allow the account value to be held in StreamShare tokens (SSH) and will support transferring to fiat or other digital currencies. A second digital wallet will be created to reward the individuals who support the network by offering storage capacity for content. This second token system will be called StreamSpace Coins (SPC), which will be convertible to SSH.
• Private token exchange that monitors the market value of SPC and SSH tokens, enables the financial transactions between consumers and filmmakers, and converts between fiat currency and StreamShares or between StreamSpace Coins and StreamShares, and then back to fiat currency whenever the filmmaker elects to “cash out” transactions.
• Community-focused front end for filmmakers to upload their products to StreamSpace’s environment, set prices, and analyze statistics about the popularity or reviews of their content.
• Social media channels that link filmmakers to each other and to their audiences. A key element of StreamSpace’s strategy is to give filmmakers the ability to circumvent the studio-driven promotion system and control their own marketing. Social media channels represent the most economical and innovative way for filmmakers to connect with their potential audiences around the world.
• Initial Coin Offering / Token crowdfunding campaigns for new film projects on behalf of filmmakers that are interested in this uncommon technique for raising the funds necessary for a small or mid-budget film project. StreamSpace anticipates that many independent filmmakers will be interested in working with us to raise between $100,000 and $1 million to finance new projects.